Sunday 4 January 2015

Sunday morning french toast

When it Sunday we all like a yummy breakfast to fill us till lunch is ready. This morning I decided to surprise my partner with yummy french toast, which is a family recipe that I learnt from my grandmother who use to make it for me every Sunday morning without fail, well until she told me it was time to make my own.

French goes way back and the recipe was passed on to many of our grand mothers and so on.
Some people like their French toast Sweet, Some others people prefer it spicy (like me).

So for my prep, I had cracked 5 eggs in a bowl, then added half a glass of milk and my spices which include 2 teaspoons of chillie powder, 1 teaspoon of graham, half a teaspoon of jeera powder and salt and pepper  (Yes yes it's the Indian in me, i love my spices) oh and a teaspoon of baking powder.
After that was done I got my pan heated with some oil in it when it was hot enough I dipped my bread in the egg batter and put it in the pan to fry, the bread must fry until it is golden brown on both sides.

I let the toast to rest on a towel paper so that all the unwanted oil will be removed and cut in halves and put it on a clean white plate and served with sauces.

What you need:
Eggs
Milk
Baking powder
Salt & Pepper
Spices if you want to make it spicy
Sugar if you prefer it sweet
Oil to fry

It definitely my favorite and a must try!!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment