Friday 2 January 2015

Original Potato Salad..

It's a New Year..

So I decided to be original and make a simple Potato salad, Yes yes everybody knows how to make Potato salad but!! There are different ways of making a potato salad, Did you know that??

While I'm typing out this post I got my potato's boiling and I shall got out to my Sister in-law  (Megan Silva) house garden to pick up some fresh herbs and some huge yummy spring onion, Which will bring out the flavor of the potato's.

I used 12 potatoes and  8 eggs , Which I had peeled and cut in halves and then wash and put in a pot and to boil with a table spoon of course salt so that it has some flavor once it finished boiled and put my eggs to boil with a teaspoon of vinegar (so that it boils faster) . After the potato's are soft, I strain and add to the serving bowl. Now this is where it gets interesting.... Instead of the basic mayo I'l be using Bulgarian yoghurt. The Bulgarian yoghurt will make it more creamy then mayo,  Then add all the  herbs, spring onion and some pepper and salt plus a little of rosemary.

Last is the eggs , peel and chop them up and add to the salad. I added 1 chillie just to give it a little kick. After that was done I placed the salad in the fridge until it was time to serve.



follow Megan Silva Lifestyle blog


1 comment: